Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pop culture?

The first thing that pops into my mind when I hear Pop Culture as in things that are popular now. To me that is music. The kind of music that is popular in America is definitely different  then what is popular here in Japan. For Example in America right now you could definitely say that Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj and many other artists of this time. I asked one of my friends here in Morioka what his idea of pop culture was he replied back along the same lines as me only adding more to it. He said to me pop culture is what is popular now he said of course music, but not only that you have to think fashion. He then went into talking about food and how much he likes certain things but that's for a different time. So anyways back to the point. He said fashion plays a major role in each generation. Your either in or your out.
In Japan if you go to any combini (convenient store) or honya (book store) you will find amongst the shelves a huge supply of fashion magazines. In these magazines they show you what types of clothes are cool or in and what goes with what.
They also give make up,dating and hair care tips. Our ideas of pop culture are slightly different, but also kinda the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment